Meet a gamechanging tool for Ethereum users: Etherscan.
Etherscan is a well-known blockchain explorer that allows users to view and investigate data on the Ethereum network. The platform lets users track all Ethereum blockchain transactions, their wallet activity, and other addresses and smart contracts. Etherscan also provides an API that developers can use to build third-party applications.
In addition to being a valuable tool for Ethereum users, Etherscan is also one of the most popular websites in the blockchain space. It offers a wealth of features and functionality that are used by the millions of people who visit the website every month.
Etherscan is not a wallet. It is an Ethereum block explorer and analytics platform. You cannot store or send ETH using Etherscan. Instead, it is used to search for and explore detailed information about Ethereum transactions, addresses, and tokens. It works similarly to a crypto wallet tracker, but exclusively for Ethereum. It helps everyone keep the platform viable and secure for everyone.
Why you should use Etherscan
You should use Etherscan if you want to know more data about Ethereum. It provides a variety of helpful data points, such as the gas used in a transaction and the number of confirmations that have been received. There are also many additional reasons why you would want to use Etherscan. Here are just a few:
- To check the balance of an Ethereum address.
- To view the transaction history of an Ethereum address.
- To see the smart contract code of an Ethereum address.
- To verify that a transaction has been successfully mined and included in a block on the Ethereum blockchain.
- To look up the price of Ether (ETH) in real-time.
- To track the latest news and developments related to Ethereum.
- To find out which exchanges list Ether (ETH) for trading.
- To learn more about how Ethereum works and explore all of its features and potential uses.
- To find out about upcoming events and conferences related to Ethereum.
- To start building decentralized applications (Dapps) on the Ethereum network.
Is Etherscan reliable?
Etherscan is one of the most trusted and popular Ethereum block explorers. However, some users have raised concerns about its reliability. While previously there have been hacks to the system, the damage has been minimal. No users were ever at risk of losing their crypto assets and the developers acted quickly to patch any vulnerabilities..
In some very rare instances, Etherscan has been known to be inaccurate, with some transactions not appearing on the platform or with incorrect data. While this can be frustrating for users, it is essential to remember that Etherscan is a volunteer-run service and relies on donations to keep running. The team behind Etherscan does an excellent job in keeping the platform accurate and up-to-date, but occasional errors are inevitable.
Etherscan is a valuable resource for the Ethereum community, and its reliability should not be a significant concern for most users. If you're concerned about the accuracy of Etherscan, you can always check multiple block explorers to confirm a transaction. You can also contact the Etherscan team directly if you spot an error on the platform. If you are curious about other blockchain explorers, you may want to try BscScan (created by the same development team as Etherscan) or Polyscan (used for transactions on the Polygon Network).
How to use Etherscan
To use Etherscan, you do not need an account. You can access Etherscan's public blockchain explorer with just a web3 wallet. However, if you want to interact with particular features on Etherscan, such as the Token Tracker or submitting contract verifications, you will need to create an account. Creating an account on Etherscan is free and only takes a few seconds. Simply click the "Sign Up" button on the top right of the page and follow the instructions. Once you have created an account, you can login and access all of Etherscan's features.
Overall, Etherscan is an essential tool for anyone working with Ethereum. It offers a wealth of features and data points that make it an invaluable resource for developers, users, and researchers alike. If you're not already using Etherscan, you should definitely check it out.
Additionally, the Exodus Ethereum Wallet is a solid choice to use with Etherscan. Here are some of the benefits currently enjoyed by over four million users:
- Security: Your private keys are stored locally on your computer, away from potential hackers. Exodus also offers two-factor authentication to protect your account even further.
- Ease of use: The Exodus interface is easy to navigate and understand, even if you're new to cryptocurrency. Everything is clearly laid out, and all the features are easily accessible.
- Support for multiple currencies: In addition to Ethereum, Exodus also supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, and more. This makes it a great choice if you're looking for a multi-currency wallet.
If you're looking for a secure, user-friendly Ethereum wallet, the Exodus Ethereum Wallet should be high on your list. Visit the official website now and see for yourself.
This content is for informational purposes only and is not investment advice. You should consult a qualified licensed advisor before engaging in any transaction.