I lost my Trezor, help!
Not to worry, Trezor is designed with this in mind! As long as you have your Trezor's secret recovery phrase in the form of the 12, 18, or 24-word phrase, you can restore your funds on a new device.
To get a new Trezor device, please use the official Trezor website: https://shop.trezor.io/
In this article:
- How do I restore my funds on a new Trezor Model T device?
- How do I restore my funds on a new Trezor One device?
How do I restore my funds on a new Trezor Model T device?
The following steps apply for a freshly out-of-the-box Trezor.
Plug in your Trezor. Open Exodus and go to
Settings and then click
Devices, then where it says
Install Trezor Bridge click
If you already have Trezor Bridge installed, please skip this step.
- Make sure to leave the Detect Trezor toggle enabled. Do not close Exodus or disconnect the device while the firmware update is in progress. Trezor will auto-restart when finished.
Exodus will prompt you to initialize the device by giving you two options.
- Restore from a secret recovery phrase
- Create a new wallet
- Choose Restore from secret recovery phrase.
Select the corresponding number of words in your secret recovery phrase. Trezor is capable of recovering 12, 18, and 24-word recovery phrases.
- Enter the individual words of your secret recovery phrase on your device, following the instructions displayed on the Trezor touchscreen.
Example of entering the word "CRIME":
- Press the "abc" button 3 times to enter the letter "C"
- Press the "pqr" button 3 times to enter the letter "R"
- Press the "ghi" button 3 times to enter the letter "I"
- Press the "mni" button once to enter the letter "M"
- Press the "def" button twice to enter the letter "E"
Make sure you are not misspelling the words in your secret recovery phrase.
With Trezor Model T, you have to enter all of the words from the secret recovery phrase directly on the Trezor device. This way, the Trezor's secret recovery phrase stays in an isolated and safe environment.
Once you have successfully recovered your wallet, continue the setup by enabling basic security features and customizing your experience.
If you use a passphrase, you will need to re-enable it after recovering your Trezor. Use the same passphrase to access your wallet.
How do I restore my funds on a new Trezor One device?
Click on the
Recover wallet button and prepare to enter your secret recovery phrase.
Select the corresponding number of words in your seed Trezor is capable of recovering 12, 18, and 24-word-long secret recovery phrases.
- Enter the individual words of your seed in your browser, following the instructions displayed on the Trezor screen. The order of the words entered in your browser is randomly shuffled by your Trezor to protect your secret recovery phrase against malware that could potentially capture all your inputs.
Make sure you are not misspelling your secret recovery phrase's words.
Never enter your secret recovery phrase online in a straight start-to-end sequence as written in your Recovery seed card! Enter the words in a random order as instructed by your device. Never disclose the order in your browser.