How do I export my Safe Report?
You can export a Safe Report to help us troubleshoot wallet issues safely.
The Safe Report allows Exodus Support to create a read-only version of your wallet to help troubleshoot wallet issues. It does not reveal your 12-word secret recovery phrase, private keys, or password. It doesn't give our support team access to your funds or control over your wallet.
In this article:
- What information does my Safe Report contain?
- How do I export my Safe Report?
- Web3 Wallet:
- Web3 Wallet:
- Is my Safe Report compatible with Cointracker?
What information does my Safe Report contain?
Your Safe Report contains the following troubleshooting information:
- The xpub or Extended Public Key: Allows us to view your full wallet history and all future transactions. It is a collection of your public addresses - your private keys are NOT included.
- The transaction history: The transaction history is useful to make sure all deposits were properly credited to your Exodus wallet. This also gives you the peace of mind to make sure your wallet balance is correct.
- The configuration file: Shows the version of Exodus you are using, the first and current version installed, operating system, and dates of general wallet behavior, such as download and restoration dates if applicable.
- Exchange order history: This allows us to comb through all your exchange orders with our third-party exchange API providers. This can be useful if you've had a failed exchange.
This data will allow our support team to help you without compromising your wallet. While the exported .zip file is not as important or sensitive as your private keys, we recommend deleting it and emptying your trash or recycle bin after sending it to us. Anyone who has it can monitor your wallet activity on the blockchain.
How do I export my Safe Report?
How do I export my Safe Report from my Exodus Web3 Wallet?
a) Click on the Profile icon in the lower right corner of your Web3 Wallet, then b) click Support.
- Next, click on Contact Us.
- Click on the What can we help you with? dropdown menu.
- Scroll through the list of categories and select one that best describes the issue you need help with.
- a) Enter your email address, b) a message with the details of what you need help with, then c) click on the button next to Include a Safe Report. When you’re ready, d) click Send.
Tutorial Video: How do I export my Safe Report from Exodus Desktop?
How do I export my Safe Report from Exodus Desktop?
- a) Click the support icon in the top right-hand corner of your Exodus wallet.
- Next, click Help, then b) Export Safe Report.
After clicking on the button, a .zip file named exodus-report-SAFE-(Date+Time).zip will appear on your Desktop, in a folder named exodus-exports.
You can attach it to your email response to an Exodus customer support engineer!
If you are using Windows and are unable to find the Safe Report once it's been exported, make sure you have Microsoft Powershell V3 installed. You can install this via Windows Update or directly from the Microsoft Download Center:
Tutorial Video: How do I export my Safe Report from Exodus Mobile?
How do I export my Safe Report from Exodus Mobile?
- Go to Profile by tapping the a) Profile icon in the lower right corner of your screen, Then b) tap Support.
- Next, tap Contact Us.
- Enter your email address, message, and toggle on the switch to Include a Safe Report.
Is my Safe Report compatible with Cointracker?
Please note that Cointracker is a third-party company that is not associated with Exodus. As such, we do not control and cannot guarantee anything related to Cointracker's terms, policies, or performance.
Interacting with any app outside of your Exodus wallet may introduce some degree of risk to your personal information. However, the Safe Report sent is just a read-only version of your wallet. It does not reveal your 12-word secret recovery phrase, private keys, or password. It doesn’t give anyone access to your funds or control over your wallet.
Cointracker will only work with the desktop version of your Exodus Safe Report.
If you use Exodus wallet on your mobile device, first you will need to sync it to a desktop computer you trust and export the Safe Report from there.
Exodus Desktop Safe Report compatibility with Cointracker
- Open your Exodus wallet on your computer.
- Follow the desktop steps above to find your Cointracker-compatible Safe Report.
Exodus Mobile Safe Report compatibility with Cointracker
- Open your Exodus wallet on your mobile device.
- Follow the instructions in this guide to link your mobile Exodus wallet to a computer you trust: How do I sync my mobile wallet to a computer?
- Once you have synced your mobile wallet to a computer you trust, follow the desktop steps above to find your Cointracker-compatible Safe Report.