How do I restore from an email backup?
The email backup link option was only available if you went through the backup process before Exodus version 19.2.1. If you went through the backup process after that, then you would not have received an email backup link.
This guide will help you restore your wallet from the email recovery/backup link and password combination. In order to be able to restore your wallet using this guide, you must have the email recovery/backup link and wallet password.
If you do not have an email recovery/backup link or have lost your password or the password is not working, you can restore your wallet using your 12-word secret recovery phrase.
Need a crypto wallet that gives you full control of your assets? You can download Exodus here.
In this article:
- How do I restore my wallet using the e-mail backup link?
- What should I do if clicking the link in my backup email doesn't automatically open Exodus for me?
How do I restore my wallet using the e-mail backup link?
Download the latest version of Exodus from exodus.com/download/ on the computer you want to restore your Exodus wallet on.
- Install Exodus by following the installation guide: How do I install Exodus.
- Once Exodus is installed, open it and make sure it shows a $0.00 balance; this is to ensure there are no funds on the wallet.
- Close Exodus.
- Open your email and click on your Exodus backup link.
- Exodus will prompt you for your password, enter the wallet password - you can click on the 'eye' icon on left to reveal the password to ensure it is being entered correctly
- Wait for 15 - 30 seconds and your blockchain assets will be restored!
What should I do if clicking the link in my backup email doesn't automatically open Exodus for me?
Copy the e-mail recovery link received in your e-mail.
- Open Exodus.
- Open up the developer menu by following this guide: How do I open the developer Menu?
- Once the developer menu is open, a) click Developer, b) click Restore, then c) click Restore from recovery link.
On Windows and Linux:
- a) Click Exodus, b) click Developer, c) click Restore, then d) click Restore from recovery link.
- A box will appear asking you to paste the e-mail recovery link. Paste the email recovery link you copied in the first step and click OK.
You will now see a pop-up that says Exodus will restart. Click
Exodus will now re-open and display the password screen. Enter your password. You can click on the 'eye' icon to reveal what you are entering as a password to be sure you are entering the correct password.
- Once you enter the password and it is accepted, allow Exodus 5-10 minutes to restore your wallet. Your wallet is now restored!
Exodus is not affiliated with any third-party platforms, external links, or any other third-party resources mentioned in this article. As such, Exodus cannot guarantee the performance of third-party products or services, or that the steps shown and the information provided will always be accurate.