Voyager crypto update | Voyager bankruptcy news
Great news for Voyager crypto customers! Bankrupt cryptocurrency platform Voyager Digital has announced that it will be returning a portion of funds to its users. In a move that will provide customers with full control over their stuck crypto, Voyager customers will be able to withdraw their cryptocurrency from the Voyager app to the Exodus self-custody wallet.
Exodus has been around for over 7 years and is a popular and highly rated self-custody wallet that offers customers a secure and user-friendly platform to manage their crypto.
Customers who choose to withdraw their Voyager crypto to Exodus will enjoy the benefits of complete ownership and control over their crypto. With self-custody wallets, users hold their own private keys, which means they have full control over their funds and can manage their own security. Exodus has no control nor access to its customer funds. This is the opposite of Voyager Digital. This can provide greater peace of mind and security for crypto holders who are concerned about the safety of their crypto.
In this article:
- How do I withdraw Voyager crypto to Exodus?
- Voyager bankruptcy news
- Why choose Exodus?
- How do I find my asset's address in Exodus?
How do I withdraw Voyager crypto to Exodus?
You can now withdraw your Voyager crypto from the Voyager app and send it to your Exodus self-custody wallet. If you need to, you can download Exodus here: Download Exodus.
From June 23, 2023, you will have 30 days to complete your withdrawal. If you don't transfer your crypto in this timeframe, you'll receive your initial recovery in U.S. dollars later, subject to market fluctuations.
To transfer crypto from the Voyager app to Exodus:
- Install the latest version of the Voyager app: Download Voyager.
- Open the Voyager app and go to the Recovery screen.
- Tap on the specific token you want to transfer.
- Review the Crypto Transfer Disclosure, scroll to the bottom, and click the box to accept.
Enter the destination wallet address in the
To: section or scan the QR code for the wallet address by tapping the QR icon. Make sure you receive the token on the right network in Exodus.
Find your asset's address in Exodus by following the steps below:
- Enter the amount of the token you want to transfer. The dollar value will automatically populate. Fees are noted on the top right corner of the screen.
- Slide right to transfer.
- Enter your two-step verification from your authenticator app or SMS and tap Confirm to verify your transfer.
- Finally, check your email and review all details. Your transaction will only be processed after you complete the email confirmation step.
For full details from Voyager Digital, including a tutorial video, please visit: How to Withdraw Crypto.
For a refresher on how to receive crypto in Exodus, please visit: How do I receive Bitcoin and other crypto in Exodus?
Voyager bankruptcy news
Voyager Digital has announced on June 23, 2023, that the Voyager app is now open for transfers, and that customers will have 30 days to complete their withdrawal.
If you don't transfer your crypto in this timeframe, you'll receive your initial recovery in U.S. dollars "at a later date, subject to market fluctuations." Find Voyager's full announcement here: How to Withdraw Crypto.
According to CoinDesk, Voyager's creditors will recover an estimated 36% of their assets. You can read CoinDesk's full article here: Voyager Digital Plans to Liquidate Assets, Wind Down After Sale Dreams Crushed.
You can see the 67 tokens that can be withdrawn in kind in the table Supported Coins on page 6 here: Notice of Filing of the Liquidation Procedures.
You have the option to transfer your crypto to a custodial exchange, or a self-custody wallet like Exodus.
Why choose Exodus?
Exodus is a self-custody wallet that gives you full control over your assets.
Self-custody means that you control your 12-word secret recovery phrase and private keys, so you always have access to your crypto.
Some other benefits of Exodus include:
- Supports 100% of assets available to withdraw from Voyager
- No counterparty risk
- US company registered with the SEC
- 24/7 human help from Exodus Support
If you'd like to move your Voyager crypto to Exodus, you can download Exodus here.
How do I find my asset's address in Exodus?
- In Exodus Mobile, a) tap on the Wallet icon, then b) tap on the asset you'd like to receive.
If the asset you want to receive, such as USDC or USDT, is supported on multiple networks, a) tap the dropdown menu and b) select the network you are receiving the asset on. Always double-check that you are selecting the correct network for your asset to avoid any loss of funds.
Now tap on the Receive icon on the right.
To copy the address, tap on it. You can paste this address into Voyager.
Exodus Desktop, a) click the
Wallet icon and b) select the asset you want to receive.
- If the asset you want to receive, such as USDC or USDT, is supported on multiple networks, a) click the dropdown menu and b) select the network you are receiving the asset on. Always double-check that you are selecting the correct network for your asset to avoid any loss of funds.
After selecting the asset and network, click Receive.
To copy the address, click the copy icon to the right of the address field. You can paste this address into Voyager.
- In Web3 Wallet, a) click on the Wallet icon. Next, b) click on Receive.
Click on the asset you want to receive.
- Here you will see your address. To copy it to your clipboard, click Copy. You can paste this address into Voyager.
Exodus is not affiliated with any third-party platforms, external links, or any other third-party resources mentioned in this article. As such, Exodus cannot guarantee the performance of third-party products or services, or that the steps shown and the information provided will always be accurate.